We are looking for a London based Health and Safety Manager. You'll be working on a luxury high-end £25m + fit out project over 2-3 years. In this role, you will assist the Health and Safety Manager in implementing all Health & Safety procedures. You will carry out audits of sites, work equipment and tasks to determine whether work is being carried out in accordance with Company Policy. You will also prepare reports, making recommendations for actions and highlight areas for improvement. This role is site based.
Construction industry experience of 3+ years is essential.
Key Job Responsibilities
- Carry out site H&S inspections & audits
- Assist with all H&S with site managers and ensuring documentation is kept up to date
- Assist in the updating of construction phase plans
- Produce reports for individual sites, operatives to accident ratio, KPIs, PPE suitability
- Carryout H&S induction and training
- Control of all documentation from site inspections, accidents and incidents, training log
- Improve and develop of H+S system
- Achieving Reporting Timetables.
- KPI/Benchmark Reports.
- Fulfillment of the job skills checklist
- Quality of work.
- Maintenance of document control system
- Attend daily meetings
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft office.
- Knowledge of a document management system, SW2 or similar
- Understanding of H&S
- Keep abreast of industry news / performance / relevant new initiatives.
- NEBOSH Certificate (or equivalent qualification) is essential for this role
- Technician membership of IOSH or similar is required
- Recent proven experience of working in a health and safety role at a similar level and within the construction industry.
- Experience in training, coaching and mentoring to develop health and safety knowledge and expertise
- A comprehensive knowledge and understanding of all aspects of health, safety and risk management.
- A comprehensive knowledge of current health and safety legislation, management and standards
- Ability to interpret and provide authoritative advice on health and safety and risk management issues
- Knowledge of workplace well-being initiatives and how they add value to an organisation
- Experience in completing health and safety management audits against ISO 45001 and implementing action plans to meet audit findings
If you have the required experience, please get in touch today.